The Musician Healer
Coaching & Counselling for Musicians & Ensembles
The Musician Counsellor & Coach
My background in both music and psychotherapy provides me with specialized insight to help musicians and ensembles build trust, improve communication, and unify purpose.
Musicians & Perfectionism
I find that musicians have their unique set of challenges. I combine my understanding as a counsellor with my passion for music. Musicians often feel shamed into keeping quiet about their own issues such as performance anxiety and depression.
Individual and Group Sessions
Working in an ensemble or group is rather like marriage but there are more than two of you. Rehearsing, performing, and being on tour away from family and close relationships, can be stressful for a group.
I also help individual musicians connect with creativity and joy while overcoming performance anxiety, keeping perfectionism in check, and attending to personal growth needs.
I help individual musicians:
- Overcome debilitating performance anxiety
- Channel positive aspects of competitiveness
- Accept rejection without bitterness
- Find motivation to practice
- Reclaim passion
- Manage conflict successfully
- Better personal relationships
- Build self-esteem
- Overcome doubts, fear and panic
- Improve communication with others
I help ensembles:
- Rebuild trust
- Unify purpose
- Reclaim passion
- Manage personality differences
- Remain competitive with positivity
- Avoid unrealistic expectations
- Forgive without blame
- Establish a safe environment where individuals can express opinions without fear
- Develop empathy for each other
- Enable everyone to be heard
- Improve communication within the group
What I offer:
- Individual sessions by video or in-person
- Group ensemble sessions by video or in-person
- Workshops and retreats for music ensembles
- Skills and tools for maintaining good relationships.
- Coaching for students and professionals within music programs, and conferences.
Complete this questionnaire.
All information I will receive will remain confidential to me. I will not identify you or what you say to anyone but I may use the collective answers to help me write and expand on building a service to help musicians.
7718 104th Street